By adopting the Societal Code you commit to integrating in your activities and projects a series of 36 indicators of Societal Responsibiliy in 4 domaines of intervention (social, environmental, economic and governance).
01. Facilitation of equal rights, diversity and non-discrimination
02. Ensuring equitable and decent working conditions
03. Ensuring health and safety
04. Supporting continuous learning and lifelong learning
05. Ensuring the performance recognition of employees and volunteers
06. Respecting private life and protecting personal data;
07. Encouraging participatory culture, active citizenship and volunteering
08. Respect for cultural values and facilitation of intercultural dialogue
09. Respect/ Promote to Human Rights
10. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle the material used in your activity
11. Buy green goods and services
12. Rational usage of energy, giving favor to alternative energy sources
13. Rational and non-polluting usage of water
14. Management of the impact on ecosystems and biodiversity
15. Responsible management of waste
16. Minimizing the impact of transportation
17. Monitoring and reducing the emission of greenhouse gases (GHG)
18. Respecting/Promoting the environment principles recognized internationally
19. Ensuring cost-efficiency in the implementation of activities;
20. Ensuring sustainability of the project’s results
21. Tackling and evaluating the impact on local economy
22. Creating sustainable working places
23. Using alternative exchange methods
24. Respecting the right to intellectual property and promoting free licenses
25. Promoting social responsibility among partners
26. Promoting social and green economy
27. Advocating for /Development of not for profit and nongovernmental structures
28. Communicating the values and principles that your team and partners share
29. Identifying and involving stakeholders in the activities that have an impact on them
30. Involving employees and volunteers in societal responsibility actions
31. Ensuring the transparency of decisions and activities
32. Reducing the risks of infractions and corruption
33. Coordination with other local, national, european or international projects
34. Reporting Societal Responsibility performances to stakeholders and the public;
35. Development and promoting responsible models of financing and partnership
36. Improving programmes and public policies using the results of the project
Are you a manager in a not-for profit organization (association, NGO)?
Join Societal to exchange and cooperate with other innovative and responsible managers!
Our three types of account: user, member and trainer
1. If you are a manager and you adhere to the Societal Code, you can create a “user” type of account. This type of account offers you access to all the content on the platform, the possibility to publish initiative ideas and propose methods in the Newsfeed. You can also register for online and face-to face trainings.
2. You can become a member after you design and present in detail an initiative of your organisation, which integrates concretely the key-measures of the Societal Code. Your initiative will be published on the first page of the platform and widely promoted through our Newsletter and our social networks.
3. You ask for a trainer type of account when you wish to propose to the other network members a training about your methods, instruments, experiences and good practices regarding the Societal Responsibility. Your trainings have to have clear learning objectives and a well-structured curriculum.